How do you get rid of roaches?
You may be wondering how to get rid of roaches. Well, whether you live in or out of the city, you might just have one pest problem that really gets under your skin: cockroaches.
These pests are considered as one of the most repulsive pests to many people. Not only do they carry diseases and germs but they also leave a very foul odour which you probably don’t want in your home. In fact, these same germs and diseases that roaches carry can trigger asthma attacks so it is best to get rid of them as soon as possible before they multiply and become more difficult to control.
What are cockroaches?
Roaches belong to the insect family Blattidae . There are about 70 species of cockroaches that could be found throughout the world today. Most of them prefer living outdoors but there are some that prefer moist habitats such as sewers, basements and other damp places. Outdoors, these pests readily feed on plants, decaying materials and even faeces from other animals while indoors they feast on food scraps or anything organic. These are usually the reasons why you will find these pests in your home.
Cockroaches are considered as one of the most resilient creatures on earth which is probably because they feed on different types of food, some would even eat other dead roaches. They can go for a month or more without eating while some species can survive for weeks without one of its heads after decapitation.
How do I recognize if I have a cockroach infestation?
When there are lots of cockroaches inside your house, it is not difficult to recognize them all over the place especially with their excrement and droppings which look like black pepper grains. But if you just spotted one or two around your house, it could be because they are coming from a neighbour’s home or from a structure that is very close to your house.
What are the signs of a cockroach infestation?
Aside from seeing these pests around your home, there are other things you can look for as well
1) Seeing sheds cockroach skins – Cockroaches shed their skin several times which will appear as a brownish colour on your floor or wall
2) Cockroaches leave brownish stains which look like dried blood near food sources – These pests use their droppings as an aid in digesting food. If you see this kind of stain on the floor under the kitchen sink, it could already be a sign of infestation so contact Bon Accord Pest Control immediately and we’ll give you a free inspection.
3) An unpleasant musty scent from your home – If you have been noticing an unpleasant scent coming from your home, it could already be a sign that there are roaches inside.
How can I tell if my house is infested?
The easiest way to know if your house is infested is by conducting a thorough check of all the rooms inside, especially near cracks or holes on walls and floors. You should also check kitchen cabinets, appliances, furniture residues, etc. for any traces of cockroaches
What do Cockroaches look like?
Cockroaches are generally brownish in colour but the ones found indoors are more likely to be darker than their outdoor counterparts because they usually hide in dark places such as under your kitchen sink or inside cabinets and closets. They have wings but their wings are folded over the length of their body and can easily fit into very tiny spaces that humans could barely reach with ease.
How to get rid of cockroaches?
Getting rid of roaches is not really a very difficult task unless you just allow them to multiply which would make it more difficult for you. You can certainly do some DIY (do it yourself) methods like buying roach baits, contact sprays and other things available at local hardware stores but these methods may not be effective enough because they usually only work on certain types of roaches only. That’s why it is highly recommended that you hire an experienced pest control service company like Bon Accord Pest Control, one of the best pest control companies in London. Our technicians are highly trained and skilled when it comes to dealing with different kinds of pests including cockroaches which is why we can guarantee a 100% effective solution to your needs.
Why should I hire a professional?
Although you can buy some roach baits from local hardware stores, there may be several reasons why hiring a professional would give you the advantage over DIY methods:
1) Only professionals have enough experience and knowledge about what type of roach infestation you have because they know all the signs and symptoms that could indicate an infestation
2) Professionals have dealt with this kind of problem before so they know how to properly treat the whole house and they know all the possible hiding places of these pests
3) Professionals have enough tools, equipment and products that are effective against roaches so there’s no need to worry about purchasing unnecessary things
4) Professionals usually guarantee their work so you can be assured of good results.
What should I do if my house is infested?
You should immediately hire professionals like Bon Accord Pest Control because leaving this problem will only make it more difficult for you to solve. The longer you wait, the number of cockroaches inside your house will just keep on increasing which means hiring a pest control service right away would be better than never. So call us now or email us